As a municipal official, the decisions you make affect the quality of life
of the citizens you serve.
There are many compelling reasons to codify:
- Fulfill a community obligation. It is the duty of every municipality to maintain its laws in a comprehensive, up-to-date and understandable form in a location that the average citizen can find and use.
- Avoid confusion and ensure accurate interpretation. By compiling your basic ordinances and all amendments into one up-to-date document, you eliminate the need to refer to many separate documents. The most current information will be easily accessible.
- Eliminate hours of frustrating research. A Code is a single reliable resource for appointed officials, enabling them to respond accurately to questions and provide certified copies quickly and efficiently.
- Support enforcement. A Code is a practical and efficient tool for your courts, police and other enforcement officials, enabling them to enforce your laws with confidence and consistency.
- Plan for the future. A Code provides a clear view of existing situations and makes it easier to determine the impact of proposed changes and amendments.