Simplify compliance with information access, retention and accountability regulations
Security and privacy. Regulatory compliance. Massive proliferation of paper and electronic records. Fast records access for authorized personnel. Disaster recovery and business continuity. These are the demands of the day.
A digital records solution must empower records managers to address these issues effectively. It must enable implementation of consistent policies and procedures. Your solution must reduce compliance costs while mitigating the risks of non-compliance. It must organize scattered repositories of electronic and paper records, improving accessibility while protecting them for the future. Evaluation according to an authoritative standard such as DoD 5015.2 instills that much more confidence in your solution.
Laserfiche Records Management Edition™ unites document management, imaging and DoD 5015.2-certified records management in a standard-setting, comprehensive solution. Laserfiche Records Management Edition enables organization-wide implementation of standardized records filing and disposition. Costs fall, productivity rises and compliance issues become easier to manage.
Your records management program must be many things. Reliable, unfailing. Secure, but accessible to authorized staff. Comprehensive, but sensitive to departmental demands. Designed to help you achieve those goals in the real world, Laserfiche Records Management Edition provides dependable, total lifecycle digital records management.
Laserfiche Records Management Edition frees records managers to enforce secure, consistent records policies covering both physical and digitized records. It enables appropriate accession or destruction and provides automated notifications for vital records reviews. Your records repository also becomes more secure with metadata-level security and advanced audit trail reporting capabilities.
From homeland security to privacy to corporate governance, stringent regulations drive up storage costs, impose records retrieval burdens and threaten civil and criminal liability for improper recordkeeping. But a digital records solution must do more than simply promise technological compliance. It must support the policies and procedures at the heart of your compliance program.
Laserfiche Records Management Edition security is as rigorous as today’s regulations are strict. Expired records are destroyed according to Department of Defense standards while access controls protect records integrity. This security rests on a flexible technology foundation that supports a wide range of storage hardware options.
A digital records solution reduces costs, improves accountability and enhances security. Tight integration with document imaging and management tools, however, can extend those benefits into other business processes organization-wide. Laserfiche Records Management Edition can leverage the full force of Laserfiche capture, distribution and workflow solutions to provide complete document lifecycle management alongside mission-critical records functionality.
Benefits of the Laserfiche Records Management Edition include:
- Easily implement your file plan with a customizable folder structure
- Streamline retention and disposition configuration
- Manage physical records alongside scanned, email and electronic records, including digital video and audio
- Easily track records when transferred among multiple locations
- Efficiently capture large volumes of physical records into the digital system when appropriate to reduce storage and retrieval costs
- Enhance productivity with instant, flexible search & retrieval
- Manage multiple document versions and establish linking relationships
- Intuitive user interface supports widespread use
- Support compliance initiatives for Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, USA PATRIOT Act and other regulations
- Demonstrate adherence to retention policies with comprehensive audit trails
- Freeze records to help avoid spoliation penalties
- Quickly screen records for eligibility for destruction and other criteria
- Improve security with access controls based on field values and secure records destruction
For more information about Laserfiche Records Management Edition or any of our other products and services, contact General Code at 1-855-GEN-CODE (436-2633) or e-mail us at mail [at] generalcode [dot] com